We guarantee everything we make, repair or sell for 1 year from date of delivery unless otherwise notated here or in writing to the customer. This means we guarantee such things as stones not ‘falling out’ or becoming loose and the parts that we made or repaired will not break in the areas in which we worked. This includes watch repairs.
We are not responsible for any loss or damage over $1,000.00 Items not guaranteed
1. Glued items
3. Gold or rhodium plating
4. Loss of any prong set stone that has 3 prongs or less
5. Loss of any stone worth over $1000.00 (this should be insured)
6. Loss of any prong set stones unless it has the following number of prongs (or unless they are set in platinum)
Cut Number of Prongs
Emerald Cut 4
Pear Shape 5
Trillion Must have ‘V’ prongs
7. Prong set stones that have thin prongs, missing prongs or stones that are set crooked, leaving a much shorter prong on one side of the stone than the other.
8. Bead setting, where the beads are badly worn or some beads are missing or stones that are set crooked, leaving part of the girdle of the stone up above the surface of the metal.
9. Channel setting where either the channel is very thin, torn or not straight across the stones OR there is no support underneath the channels to hold them together. Example: No cross wires or support to keep the channel from pulling away leaving the stone to loosen or fall out
10. Bezel setting where the bezel is too thin, torn or the stone is set crooked and not all of the stone is held in by the bezel.
11. We will guarantee a prong set stone against stone loss only if we retip ALL prongs or if our goldsmith checks and tightens all stones, assuming it meets before mentioned criteria.
If Stone ls Lost Or Broken
ln the event that a stone, which Jewelry Doctor has guaranteed, is lost or broken, we will make every effort to replace the stone with comparable or superior quality. lf a diamond is lost or broken, which Jewelry Doctor has guaranteed, we will assume it is an I1 clarity, H-I color and of fair proportions in cut, per Gemological Institute of America grading standards, unless written appraisal or original sales receipt clearly states otherwise.
Jewelry Doctor warranties watch overhauls for 6 months from date of delivery. Watch overhauls. or movement replacements, include cleaning case and bracelet, new battery and checking for, but not guaranteeing against, water tightness.
1. It we size the customers actual finger and the size is incorrect, we will resize the customer’s ring at N0 CHARGE within 7 DAYS from the date of delivery. If the ring was a casting, special order or sale by us, we will resize the ring once at no charge within 7 days of delivery from our store.
2. If we size a ring to customer’s requested size and that size is incorrect, we will charge again to resize that ring.
3. We can only guarantee our ring sizing if we measure the customer‘s ﬁnger. We cannot guarantee an accurate measurement based on another ring. second party measurement or request.
4. The ring’s size will not change, but the customer‘s ﬁnger can become larger or smaller because of diet. medication. the weather or weight change. We can only guarantee our sizing's for 30 days from date of order.
Checking and Tightening
1. Our extra fee to check an tighten stones will warranty against stone loss as long as the stones are set as stated in the earlier part of our warranty. Without the extra charge to tighten the stones (as described in the price book for tightening stones), we do not warranty the stones against loss, unless we actually set the stones within the parameters as previously stated in the warranty.
2. When asked to check links on rivets, chains, bracelets, clasps, etc., we cannot guarantee against loss or duribilty. Many items cannot be checked without taking them apart. This will cause the item to need repair because of the disassembly. Many items that are fine today can have problems days or weeks later. We can only guarantee items we repair, not those that we visually inspect.
3. We cannot guarantee against the loss of a stone when we do not retip or reprong all the prongs when we deem it necessary to repair them.
Gemstones and Diamonds
1. We do not guarantee that a gemstone or diamond, once taken out of the store, will not chip, break, scratch or fracture. We strongly suggest insuring your jewelry, as they can cover damage.
2. We cannot be responsible for the further fracture or damage to stones that are received from the customer that are already damaged, chipped, broken or have large inclusions or imperfections. We will inform the customers of these items before proceeding with the repair or installation.
Refunds or Exchanges
1. We will refund any item sold by us as a stock item from our showcase within 7 days from date of delivery, as long as it was not altered from it's original showcase condition. Ring sizing is excluded as a condition.
2. A Special Order item normally cannot be refunded. If the vendor from whom we purchased the item will issue us a refund, then we can issue a refund to the customer within 7 days of delivery from our store.
We will remake or issue a credit on any item listed below within 7 days of delivery from our store. We cannot issue a refund.
1. Cast items
2. Items specially ordered from an outside vendor
3. Hand made items, whether fabricated or cast
4. Showcase or stock items that have been altered in any way other than ring sizing.
This warranty goes into effect 01/01/2005 and precedes all others.